Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Amazing "Facebook"

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I posted in my blog. Talk about been busy and juggling family, my real job, and my artistic passion - jewelry. On top of everything I need to exercise to keep healthy and if you do this you know it takes time and determination to keep an exercise routine.   But I can't complain, I have the energy and drive to do it and I will not change it for anything.

This time I wanted to write about how amazing is the Social Media in the web. I wrote about it before, but it was not until last week that I really grasped the concept and how powerful it is.

On August 15 a company called Paradise Tanning Salons in California posted a picture of one of my art jewelry pieces, "He Listened Necklace". From what I can see they specialize in posting beautiful resort/beaches pictures from all over the world.  This piece was very special because I designed for a contest so I carefully selected all the components and had a story behind it. Well....the responses were amazing, I never imagined the amount of views I got, the complements, the conversations on Etsy, and finally I sold the piece.  I was receiving a lot of conversation requests through my Etsy store about this necklace and I was wondering where was all of this was coming from and it was all because of Facebook! One of the Etsy members told me about it and I really thanked her for letting me know.  It is a strong community out there. 

Thanks for reading my blog. I hope I can keep it up. It is amazing to come back and read about my journey through these pages.  Looking forward to the next years!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment