Monday, July 25, 2011

Metal Clay World Conference






At the last minute I decided to join Bernadette Denoux and go to the MCWC in Bloomingdale, IL(just 30 minutes from Chicago). I really enjoyed the conference and the presentations, but the best experience was to meet these great artists that you read about all the time and see their art published.


My favorite part of the conference was the charm exchange. Everyone that wanted to participate in the exchange made as many charms as they could (of course in metal clay) and exchange them with their business cards. What a nice way to remember everyone.


I also participated in the Mystery Bag Challenge. You have to make a piece of art with a mix of "things" and you have to use them all. I decided to go on the safe route and used the "things" as texture or shape for my piece...but that was not very creative... see some of the amazing art that entered the contest... anyway I enjoy the ride and have some ideas for the next conference :)


Mystery Bag Content: brown bag, cocktail umbrella,

Jelly fish, cotton, gauze, cardboard, cereal, and CLAY....











My final piece!
Last but not least, there were talks about an International Metal Clay Guild or Association completely brand neutral. Extreme ideas from the freedom country...no? I'm in favor of it. You will hear more about this in the future, it is still just a thought but with these amazing group of people anything can happen.


Until next time

Elizabeth










Laurie Yoder and Bernadette with me at the final lunch.

Miami Metal Clay Artists participation in the Art Clay Society and International Exhibits

No comments:

Post a Comment