Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wire Lace Contest

I almost missed it...On August 6 I received a call from Cathy Jakicik, the editor of BeadStyle Magazine. She wanted to find out if I received the e-mail informing me that I was a finalist in the Wire Lace Design Contest 2010! I was so exited to hear that. She told me they needed my wording and that I needed to send the piece to them. Lucky me my picture was good and they were able to publish it without a problem. As you can imagine, I don't receive e-mail from magazine editors very frequently so her e-mail went to "spam"...oh no!!! Thanks God for the phone.


BeadStyle published the five finalists and I am very honored to be selected with other great artists like Christie Friesen. The projects are wonderful...we are all winners!


For my piece I wanted the wire lace to keep the beautiful ruffles it gets when you expand it and I accomplished this with resin. The pendant colors included the chocolate brown of the lace that was the main purpose of the contest. It was a lot of fun to create and I am very happy to be a finalist. The winner piece will be published in the BeadStyle Magazine January 2011 edition.


To vote for your favorite design just follow the link below.

http://www.beadstylemag.com/en/How%20To/Bead%20Room/2010/08/WireLace%20Finalists.aspx



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment